Why Live Onsite Customer Service Training?
Why is Davis-Mayo Associates committed to delivering live onsite customer service training programs rather than remotely by e-Training, CD or video?
CUSTOMIZED & INDIVIDUALIZED
We customize the program to fit the needs and the outlook of participants. Scenarios, examples and role plays are taken from an organization’s experience (through our pre-session preparation). Participants’ language is employed; their challenges are addressed. ADVANTAGE:
1) Participants “buy in” and remain engaged;
2) Participants apply the learning to their specific world;
3) Better understanding of the approaches, tools and nationally field-tested best practices.
GROUP INTERACTION in LIVE TRAINING
Small and plenary group exploration creates an opportunity to share and resolve issues. Larger group discussions instill understanding and overcome resistance. ADVANTAGE:
1) Rapport, trust and team thinking emerge;
2) Participants become active problem-solvers;
3) Participants discover ways to support one another;
4) The group “brings along” resistors;
5) Opportunities for collaboration and application appear.
LIVE ONSTIE LEARNING IS “CAUGHT”
Questions can be answered. Discussion leads to new awareness among participants in the context of live onsite customer service training. Feedback to facilitator who is expert both in customer service and adult learning provides opportunities for clarification and application. Best practices are shared among participants. ADVANTAGE:
1) This is the best way to invite notable change in “attitudes” as well as behaviors;
2) Knowledge acquisition is richer and transfer of training to every-day application more powerful;
3) Impact leads to retention and on-target application;
4) Areas of participant interest are addressed on the spot.
A LIVE FACILITATOR IS PART OF THE PROGRAM
The facilitator models the content. A good facilitator helps people shift their attitudes and behaviors, in addition to merely passing on skills. It is powerful to find a facilitator who is also a subject matter expert. Clients tell us that this makes all the difference. ADVANTAGE:
1) Role model adds clarity and motivation;
2) Rapport with facilitator generates commitment to the content.
SO, WHAT MAKES LIVE ONSITE CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING WORTH IT?
1) Customized content.
2) Immediate real-life application.
3) Opportunities to learn and apply by asking questions.
4) Synergy and humor—the “ah-ha” and the “ha-ha” factors.
5) Inspiration and motivation.
6) Interaction and human engagement.
7) Connection and commitment.